Portable Shampoo Bowl for Bedridden – Complete Guide
When you hear the name of portable shampoo bowl, the first thing that came to your mind is the beauty salon. However, these portable bowls are not only used in salons or at a stylist shop but it is a very helpful product that can be used for a bedridden patient in hospitals or homes. A portable shampoo bowl that is manufactured especially for the bedridden patients or old age people is actually a sterilized device that permits incapacitated persons to shampoo their hair while lying down on a surface or a bed.
These types of shampoo bowls are basically used for individuals who are incapable or excessively uncomfortable to wash their hair by leaning back their head into a sink. It is also beneficial for those patients who are bedridden and incompetent to walk to the bathroom for using the shower. However, in order to use these devices, you will also need the help of a caretaker or a hairstylist for the proper usage.
What type of portable shampoo bowl is used for bedridden?
A portable shampoo bowl that is used for bedridden is an inflatable shampoo sink which is designed especially for shampooing the hair of those people who are restricted to stay in bed. You may easily and quickly inflate these sink. It only requires the space similar to your pillow on the bed. It is also made up of soft material that has creatively designed inner walls that which keep the water away from splashing, dropping or outflowing. When you are not using this product, it can be deflated and emptied for storing or carrying for traveling.
Features of Inflatable Shampoo Bowl
The following is the list of features of inflatable shampoo sink:
- An inflatable shampoo sink is not only confined to washing of hair, but may also be used for earhole irrigation techniques, treatments for scalps, and several other hygienic objectives.
- These sinks are manufactured from a soft material along with an incorporated support for the neck in order to add more comfort.
- It can be easily inflated by the mouth so you do not have to worry about air
- These sinks basically use internal water collecting systems along with a drain pipe. This pipe goes from the sink to a drainage tank that you can empty by your hand.
- The clean and fresh water is kept in a bag that hangs on the bowl. This water can be used with the help of an integral hand-held shower and also with a valve in order to govern the flow of water.
- The maximum numbers of inflatable shampoo bowls are also latex-free to avoid any kind of allergy or water-borne disease.
List of best Inflatable Shampoo Bowls
The below are the two best models of inflatable shampoo bowls:
1. EZ Access Inflatable Shampoo Basin for the Disabled
The EZ Access Inflatable Shampoo Basin for the Disabled offer a stress-free and relaxed way to shampoo the hair of bedridden patients without making them wet. This is one of the best models that are available on online shopping websites or stores.
Features of EZ Access Inflatable Shampoo Basin
The following are the features of EZ Access Inflatable Shampoo Basin:
- The size of the basin is 24 x 20 x 8 inches and the length of the drainage hose is 39 inches.
- The shampoo bowl is manufactured from durable vinyl and after the deflation; it needs very less space just like a folded towel required.
- You may fill the air by your mouth or by an air pump so that the basin fits comfortably around the neck and shoulder of the client.
- The manufacturer of this shampoo bowl offers one year warranty period along with the product.
2. Ableware 764302000 Easy Shampoo Basin, White
The next model in the list is Ableware 764302000 Easy Shampoo Basin. This bowl basically simplifies the shampooing of a person in a bed. It perfectly supports the head, shoulders as well as neck of the person during the whole process. It is a compact, comfortable and a convenient to use the product. You may easily inflate or deflate this shampoo bowl whenever required.
Features of Ableware 764302000 Easy Shampoo Basin
The below are some features of the above shampoo bowl:
- This shampoo bowl is manufactured from a strong vinyl material.
- The size of the bowl is 20 x 24 inches.
- There is 8 inches long design of double tube that stops the water from splashing or falling.
- Owing to the soft material, the person will not get any kind of scratch on their body part while using this product.
How to use Portable Shampoo Bowl for Bedridden?
Before investing your valuable money in buying a portable shampoo bowl for the bedridden, it is also important to know the proper technique of using this product. However, you just need to put the head of the person on this bowl when he/she is lying on the bed. But, still some additional skills are also required to finish this process in a proper way. The following are the steps that need to be followed while using inflatable shampoo bowls:
- The first thing you need to do is to move the bedridden person to the border of the bed. However, certain models get fit to the side of the bed and some of them need access to the bed’s head.
- The next step is to place a cloth or a towel on the shoulders of the person to avoid the wetting of apparels from the water.
- Now, place the portable shampoo basin below the head of the person by following the guidelines given with your specific model. The bowl is usually of the similar height like a normal pillow. Hence, it does not result in any kind of neck stress or uneasiness.
- After the above step, wet the person’s hair with an attached pipe, or with a jug of warm water (according to the patient’s requirement).
- Then spread on the shampoo on the head and rub it to form a lather. Now, wash away the foamy lathers with the help of warm water.
- After this, vacant the inflatable shampoo bowl with the drain and take it away from the bed.
- In the end, dry the hair with the towel and make any style you wish.
A portable shampoo bowl for a bedridden is one of the important equipment that is required in a health care center or in the homes where old age people lives. The caretakers in the hospitals are trained in using these types of shampoo bowls. So, when you use this product at home, always follow the above technique of using this product. These products are a kind of boon to the people who are not able to wash their hair in bathrooms without any help.
These shampoo bowls are very easy to use and you may also take it with you while traveling with the bedridden people. However, proper hygienic steps should be taken to clean these products in order to avoid the growth of any bacteria. It is always recommendable to do appropriate research and study before buying a shampoo bowl for s bedridden so that proper advantage can be taken from these products.