Though they are mostly overlooked as a shampoo station accessory, it is a fact that owning one of these hair washing trays can give your shampoo station a lot of diversity.
Owning and knowing how to properly operate a shampoo tray can let you wash the hair of a client even if they are on a wheelchair or want to sit and have their hair washed against a sink. It is not that heavily built either, quite light and is easy to use and move around. Means, the portability is not an issue with it either, and you can easily carry them along with you without much hassle.
Top 5 Best Hair Washing Trays for Home and Salon Use:
|Our Rank||Product Image||Product Name|
Hair Shampoo and Rinse Tray - SHAMTRAYDB8087
EZ-ACCESS EZ-Shampoo Hair Washing Tray
HAIR WASHING TRAY (FOR HOME OR SALON - USE WITH CHAIR OR WHEEL CHAIR!)
EZ Shampoo Tray
DMI Portable Hair Washing Tray
1. Hair Shampoo and Rinse Tray - SHAMTRAYDB8087
This product is made from durable plastic and is rather wide than others. This means that it can sustain a larger bunch of hair and spread them out evenly without getting them into a tangle. The surface is smooth and clean which allows for a smooth flow of water and shampoo alike. The product can also be used with a wheel chair and a simple chair. It also has raised edges on all three sides while leaving out the fourth side to let the water drain out from that side leaving all the other sides completely dry.
- Wider construction
- Durable plastic construction
- Great for those with limited motion
- Raised edges to prevent water spillage
- Can be used with chairs and wheel chairs alike
- The neck hold can be tight on some users
- The arm strap is too short for usage
2. EZ-ACCESS EZ-Shampoo Hair Washing Tray
This is a simple hair washing tray that is around 19 inches in height making it a very useful tray especially for washing long hair that cannot fit in some other smaller versions of hair washing trays. It also has raised edges all around the main body which does not allow the water to spill out. It is also usable with a wheel chair or a simple chair.
- Large 19 inch height
- Raised edges to prevent water spillage
- Contoured to fit the neck comfortably
- The sloping angle can be difficult to manage
- The tray surface is flat rather than curved so water can be prone to spillage if not used correctly
3. HAIR WASHING TRAY (FOR HOME OR SALON - USE WITH CHAIR OR WHEEL CHAIR!)
This shampoo tray is designed to provide the ultimate comfort for the customer with a slightly curved interior which allows for better neck resting and does not allow water to spill over the sides. It is also compact and lightweight for easy usage anywhere and anytime. The tray itself is made with hard durable plastic which is both strong yet flexible. The tray is also stain proof so you don’t need to worry about any shampoo stain lingering on the product after any wash.
- Raised edges allow water to drain into the sink rather than spill
- 35 inch nylon straps help to secure the neck in place
- Compact and lightweight
- May not work well with old clients or disabled ones
- The cut on the tray may be hurtful to some clients
4. EZ Shampoo Tray
This shampoo tray is quite different from the others on this list in the sense that it is made up of latex rubber instead of the ordinarily used plastic. This makes the tray incredibly flexible so it can sustain any amount of pressure exerted on it. Apart from that it is made in the USA so it is easy to transport and is available rather quickly at your door step if you live in the states.
- Rubber built
- Increased flexibility
- Latex free
- Compact and Lightweight
- Can be used with wheel chairs
- Can be difficult if used with short hair
- The neck cut out can be a little uncomfortable for some
5. DMI Portable Hair Washing Tray
This product is made of heavy duty plastic which makes it quite strong and resistant to the stress that it will be put under. The contour design help support the neck firmly into place while the tray slides gracefully into the sink it is being used with. Apart from all this, what sets this article aside from the rest are the extra devices which are also packaged with it. The most important being a spray hose that can be attached to any faucet.
- Made of durable plastic with rubber base to provide friction for support
- 48 inch hose also included
- Drainage outlet provided in the tray
- The hose does not fit all the faucets
- The weight of the tray can be more than comfortable for some user
Using Hair Washing Trays Video Guide
As there are a lot of products to choose from, the final choice comes to you as a buyer. Which are the things you must get and what elements you can compromise a bit upon. All of this thinking would go into making your final decision. This list however, can get you accustomed to some of the most popular shampoo trays and their advantages along with their flaws.